Danube University Krems
Danube University Krems is Europe's leading university for continuing education. As the only public university for continuing education in the German-speaking area, it specialises in upskilling programmes for working persons and, in teaching and research, is engaged in tackling current and future social challenges. Currently around 8,000 students from more than 90 countries are enrolled in Master's studies and brief programmes.
To strengthen our team at the Faculty of Business and Globalization/Department for Migration and Globalization we are looking for an:
Project Assistant / PhD student
- Interdisciplinary research and research assistance on a H2020 project with a focus on international migration, migration policy and related topics
- Publishing research findings in international, peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Engaging in international research collaboration
- Finishing a PhD in Migration Studies within three years
- Very good Master’s degree in economics, politics, sociology, geography, population studies or cognate discipline
- Experience and interest in the application of quantitative research methods
- Experience and interest in collaborative work
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, German skills are desirable but not necessary
- A part-time position (30 hours per week - flexible working hours) for a periode of 3 years and a minimum gross monthly salary of EUR 2.813,68 on a full-time basis (job group W3/1 of the Work and Remuneration Regulation)
- An innovative and modern working environment at Campus Krems
- Excellent opportunities of continuing education with the University's own programmes, a comprehensive offer of health promotion and Campus Sport; the University's own child care facility "Campus Kids"
- Good transportation options – Campus shuttle bus from and to the railway station
Persons with disabilities who meet the required qualification criteria are expressly invited to apply for this position and their applications will be given special consideration.
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing online application by 07 October 2019. For more detailed information go to: http://www.donau-uni.ac.at/jobs