African Migrations Programme
Improving the understanding of migration patterns within, to and from Africa over time. IMI is working with African researchers and universities across the continent to support research and build research capacity.
The African Migrations Programme includes a series of workshops aimed at strengthening migration research within Africa. The programme brings together scholars from across the continent to discuss topics relevant to migration research in Africa.
- African diasporas within Africa
- African Perspectives on Human Mobility
- Global Migration Futures
- Imagining Europe from the Outside (EUMAGINE)
- Mobility in the African Great Lakes
- Moroccan migrations: Transformations, transitions and future prospects
- Reconsidering African Integration in a Fragmented Age
South Africa, 2013
- The Contribution of African Research to Migration Theory
- African Migrations Research: Methodologies and Methods
- Understanding Migration Dynamics in the Continent